CAMEOfm (Computer-Aided Management of Emergency Operations) is a database application (with eight modules) designed to help first responders and emergency planners access and manage crucial chemical property and emergency response information for hazardous chemical releases.
The CAMEOfm database can be used with the other programs in the CAMEO software suite (ALOHA, CAMEO Chemicals, and MARPLOT) to:
- Access chemical property and emergency response information.
- Model potential chemical releases.
- Display results on a map.
- Manage planning data.
During a response to a chemical release, CAMEOfm can help decision makers—from firefighters to chemical plant safety officers—quickly get the information they need for a safe, effective response.
The modules and programs work interactively to display critical information in an easy-to-understand manner, but ALOHA, MARPLOT, and CAMEO Chemicals can also be used independently of the CAMEOfm interface.
More Information about CAMEOfm
- CAMEO Fact Sheet [PDF, 687 KB]: Learn more about basic features of the four core CAMEO suite programs in this CAMEO fact sheet.
- CAMEO News Service: Join this email list on the EPA CAMEO site to receive news and other helpful information from the development team.
- CAMEO Companion [PDF, 13 MB]: Learn more about working with all of the CAMEO suite products with the CAMEO Companion, a written help resource available from the EPA site, which is particularly helpful for people who use the software on an occasional basis.
- CAMEO Software Suite: Find out more about the four core programs—and several related programs—in the CAMEO software suite, which aids in hazardous material response and planning.
Questions: Contact us with questions, comments, or suggestions about CAMEO.