The latest version of the Chemical Reactivity Worksheet (CRW) is 3.0.1, which was posted on March 22, 2013. Follow these instructions for downloading, installing, and running the CRW.
Downloading the CRW
Installing and Running the CRW
On a Windows PC:
Once you have downloaded the installation program, double-click on the "CRW301_Installer.exe" file icon, and then follow the directions you'll see on your screen.
To start the CRW, open the Start menu, point to Programs, and then click "CRW3." Follow the directions on your screen to learn how to use it.
Note: Be patient the first time you install and start the program as it will take time to unzip and install files.
On a Mac:
The CRW has been compressed as a zip file so that it can be downloaded more easily from the Internet. You should see a folder callled "CRW3" on your desktop once the program is uncompressed. [Need help with compressed files?]
To start the CRW, open the CRW folder, and then double-click the CRW3 application. Follow the directions on your screen to learn how to use it.
On an iPad:
- Make sure you have the FileMaker Go database app installed on your iPad.
- Start iTunes, then connect your iPad with the USB cable to a Windows or Mac computer.
- Go to the Apps tab for your iPad in iTunes and select FileMaker Go.
- Click on the "Add…" button, then find and select the "CRW3.cr3" file.
- When file transfer is complete, disconnect your iPad, start the FileMaker Go app, and select the "CRW3.cr3" file to start using CRW3 on the iPad.
Notes for iPad users:
- Help files are not supported for the iPad version, so this version is most appropriate for experienced CRW users.
- The iPad version does not allow Excel data exports.
- Data entered on a Windows PC or a Mac can be used interchangeably between platforms. For example, a facility that creates mixtures, adds custom chemicals, etc. can copy the PC or Mac runtime file containing all of their customized work to the iPad version and have all of that work available there.