Follow these instructions for downloading, installing, and running GNOME, OR&R's spill trajectory software.
The current version of GNOME is 1.3.7, and was posted to the Web on 10/17/13. Whenever you download a new version of GNOME, also be sure to download new copies of all the Location Files you are using. The Central Long Island Sound Location File comes with GNOME.
- Download the appropriate version of GNOME:
Download User's Manual and Location Files.
Download the User's Manual, and then visit our Location File library where you can obtain Location Files to use in GNOME to model spill scenarios set in particular areas, such as Prince William Sound, Alaska, and Long Island Sound, New York.
Consider Other Optional Files:
- Both Windows PC and Mac users will need to install Quicktime Player from Apple Inc. on your computer in order to create and view GNOME movies.
- ArcView Extension File: Gnome.avx is an ArcView extension file you can use to view your GNOME trajectories in ArcView.
- ArcMap Trajectory Import Tool: Gnome.dll is a tool you can use to import GNOME "splots" or NOAA trajectory products into ArcMap 9.x and 10.x.
On a Windows PC: Once you have downloaded the installation program, double-click the "GnomeSetup.exe" file icon, and follow the directions you'll see on your screen.
On a Mac: The GNOME Location Files have been compressed as self-extracting zip files so that they can be downloaded more easily from the Internet. [Need help with compressed files?]
Once you have unzipped GNOME, look for the GNOME program icon on your desktop.
In Windows: To start GNOME, from the Start menu, under Programs, choose "GNOME."
On a Mac: Double-click the "GNOME" program icon on your desktop to start GNOME.
Note about Help files for Windows Users [Back to text]
To use the GNOME help topics in Windows Vista, 7, and 8, you will need to download and install the help application, WinHlp32.exe, from the Microsoft Download Center. Select the appropriate file to download and follow the on-screen instructions:
- Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows Vista
- Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows 7
- Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows 8
Questions: Contact us with your questions, comments, or suggestions for GNOME.