CAMEO Data Manager and Tier2 Submit Updates Released
The latest versions are CAMEO Data Manager 4.2.0 and Tier2 Submit 2022 (released on Nov. 15). These versions have many enhancements, including:
- An expanded facility Responder Summary that now includes physical and health hazards from the associated chemical inventories as part of this quick-access report.
- Updated Extremely Hazardous Substance (EHS) checks that match the latest EPA regulatory information.
- New National Incident Management System (NIMS) resource types from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), which help responders and planners categorize and discuss resources with a shared understanding on what each resource includes and its response capabilities.
- Updates to both the pre-populated county lists and the county-based latitude/longitude verification tool with the latest county names and boundaries from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- New 2022 North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes from the U.S. Census Bureau, which are used to provide more detailed information on the type of business storing and using the hazardous chemicals.
- State-specific data fields updates for regulatory report year 2022.
Additionally, these programs have been tested and approved for the latest operating systems, including Windows 11, macOS Ventura, and macOS Monterey.
Both programs are part of the CAMEO® software suite, a set of tools to help emergency planners and responders with hazardous chemical releases. Annually, the suite has over 3.5 million page views online and 250,000 downloads of the desktop and mobile app programs.
The CAMEO software suite has been jointly developed by NOAA and the EPA for more than 30 years, and programs in the suite are vital components of many emergency responder and planner toolkits. The programs in the suite are available to users at no cost.