Created in 2012, Gulf of Mexico ERMA® is an online mapping tool that integrates key information to support environmental and severe-weather responses in the Gulf of Mexico. Recently, data and bookmark map views from the Deepwater Gulf Response ERMA have been migrated into this application to help preserve the Deepwater Incident data as well as to use with ongoing planning and response activities in the Gulf of Mexico. Now users can see latest planning or response strategies for the Gulf of Mexico alongside any of the Deepwater Horizon data. The Gulf of Mexico ERMA site will also actively track Deepwater Horizon Restoration efforts and planning activities.
Since the inception of Gulf of Mexico ERMA in 2012, the site has been used to respond to numerous environmental/sever-weather incidents like the Hurricane Isaac response in 2012 to international spill planning drills like MEXUS. Furthermore, Gulf of Mexico ERMA continues to house digital Area Contingency Plans and oil infrastructure data for the region along with environmental data enabling responders to quickly access relevant information during an incident.
More Information about ERMA
The ERMA application is designed to:
- Aid in spill preparedness and planning.
- Assist in coordinating emergency response efforts and situational awareness for human and natural disasters.
- Help define the extent of potential environmental impacts, supporting the Natural Resource Damage Assessment process.
- Support ecological recovery and restoration efforts.
- Provide access to this information from anywhere you have an internet connection.
- Visualize data from a variety of sources, with the ability to include additional media such as photos and links to scientific reports.
- Tell a story or reconstruct the history of an event using animated layers of information.
The application has been customized with specific data for 10 ERMA sites covering the United States and its territories. ERMA sites have secure-access accounts; however, publicly available environmental and baseline data are openly accessible for all regions.
ERMA Overview: Find out more information about the ERMA application.
Questions: Contact us with your questions, comments, or suggestions for ERMA.