CAMEO Chemicals is a database of hazardous chemical datasheets that emergency responders and planners can use to get response recommendations and predict hazards—such as explosions or toxic fumes. It is part of the CAMEO software suite, developed jointly by NOAA and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). CAMEO Chemicals is available in both online and desktop versions, so that you don’t have to rely on an internet connection to get your response information.
- Download CAMEO Chemicals 188.8.131.52 for Windows [EXE, 45 MB]
- Download CAMEO Chemicals 2.4.2 for Mac [DMG, 82 MB]; additional Mac instructions
The Windows version can be run on Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 operating systems. The Macintosh version can be run on Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8), Mavericks (10.9), and Yosemite (10.10) operating systems. Operating systems not listed here have not been tested and are not supported.
How CAMEO Chemicals Works
Search through the extensive chemical database in CAMEO Chemicals to find datasheets with critical response information, including physical properties, health hazards, information about air and water hazards, and recommendations for firefighting, first aid, and spill response. Additional datasheets based on UN/NA identification numbers provide response information from the Emergency Response Guidebook and shipping information from the Hazmat Table (49 CFR 172.101). You can also make a collection of chemicals, and then use the chemical reactivity tool to predict what hazards could arise if the chemicals were to mix together.
More Information about CAMEO Chemicals
- CAMEO Chemicals Fact Sheet [PDF, 793 KB]: Learn more about program features by reading this CAMEO Chemicals fact sheet.
- CAMEO Chemicals Development History: Read about the changes made in each release of the CAMEO Chemicals program.
- CAMEO News Service: Join this email list on the EPA CAMEO site to receive news and other helpful information from the development team.
- CAMEO Software Suite: Find out more about the four core programs—and several related programs—in the CAMEO software suite, which aids in hazardous material response and planning.
Questions: Contact us with questions, comments, or suggestions about CAMEO Chemicals.