Regulatory Updates Released in Latest CAMEO Data Manager and Tier2 Submit
JAN. 8, 2024 — Recently, NOAA and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) jointly released their annual updates for CAMEO Data Manager and Tier2 Submit™, two programs that aid users in meeting regulatory filing and emergency response planning efforts under the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA).
The latest versions are CAMEO Data Manager 4.3.0 and Tier2 Submit 2023, which were released on December 19, 2023. These versions have many enhancements, including:
- State-specific data field updates for regulatory report year 2023 for many states. (There are no changes to the federal EPCRA regulatory requirements for report year 2023.)
- Easier access to the EPA's Trade Secret and Confidential Information Location forms, which are now available in download links next to the related checkboxes in the programs.
- Updates to both the pre-populated county lists and the county-based latitude/longitude verification tool with the latest county names and boundaries from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- New National Incident Management System (NIMS) resource types from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), which help responders and planners categorize and discuss resources with a shared understanding on what each resource includes and its response capabilities.
- A new right-click menu that allows Copy, Paste, and Cut as mouse-driven choices from the menu (in addition to the keyboard shortcuts for those functions that were previously available).
Both programs are part of the CAMEO® software suite, a set of tools to help emergency planners and responders with hazardous chemical releases. Annually, the suite has over 4.5 million page views online and more than 500,000 downloads of the desktop and mobile app programs.
The CAMEO software suite has been jointly developed by NOAA and the EPA for more than 35 years, and programs in the suite are vital components of many emergency responder and planner toolkits. All of the programs in the suite are available to users at no cost.