2016 Accomplishments: The Year in Review
NOAA's Office of Response and Restoration works to minimize environmental damages and prepare coastal communities to better deal with the impacts of marine debris, oil spills, and hazardous materials.
Our accomplishments in fiscal year 2016 shows our dedication to science-based solutions for protecting and restoring natural resources from coastal hazards.
- 178. That's the number of oil spills, chemical releases, and other threats we responded to.
- 28. That's the number of training and response events hosted at the Gulf of Mexico Disaster Response Center.
- $1,807,787. That's the amount awarded for marine debris prevention and removal projects.
- 2054 That's the number of people we trained in oil and chemical spill response and planning.
- $67,843,894. That's the amount of dollars for restoration recovered from responsible parties from settlements at two oil spills and one waste site.
2016 Accomplishments Report | Introduction