CAMEO Chemicals is a database of hazardous chemical datasheets that emergency responders and planners can use to get response recommendations and predict hazards—such as explosions or toxic fumes. It is part of the CAMEO® software suite, developed jointly by NOAA and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
CAMEO Chemicals is available for free in multiple formats. The mobile app and desktop program formats can be run offline, so that you don't have to rely on an internet connection to get your response information. When you're online, you'll also have access to links to the NIOSH Pocket Guides and the International Chemical Safety Cards.
App for Tablets and Mobile Phones
Desktop Program for Windows and Mac
- Download CAMEO Chemicals 2.8.0 for Windows [EXE, 177.5 MB]
- Download CAMEO Chemicals 2.8.0 for Mac [DMG, 236.4 MB]
The Windows version can be run on the Windows 8.1, 10, and 11 operating systems. The Macintosh version can be run on the Catalina (10.15), Big Sur (11), and Monterey (12) operating systems. Other operating systems have not been tested and are not supported.
Note: The auto-update feature has been removed in version 2.8.0. Users with older CAMEO Chemicals versions will need to manually download and install the new version using the links above.
Comparing CAMEO Chemicals Formats
CAMEO Chemicals is available as a website, mobile website, mobile app, and desktop program. All of those formats use the same database, so the content is the same (see the development history for details about released versions). Most of the program functionality is the same across formats as well, as shown in the CAMEO Chemicals feature comparison chart.
How CAMEO Chemicals Works
Search through the extensive chemical database in CAMEO Chemicals to find datasheets with critical response information, including physical properties, health hazards, information about air and water hazards, and recommendations for firefighting, first aid, and spill response. Additional datasheets based on UN/NA identification numbers provide response information from the Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) and shipping information from the Hazmat Table (49 CFR 172.101). On the UN/NA datasheets, ERG Response Guide PDFs are available in English, Spanish, and French. You can also make a collection of chemicals, and then use the chemical reactivity tool to predict what hazards could arise if the chemicals were to mix together.
More Information about CAMEO Chemicals
- CAMEO Chemicals Fact Sheet [PDF, 547 KB]: Learn more about program features by reading this CAMEO Chemicals fact sheet.
- CAMEO Chemicals Development History: Read about the changes made in each release of the CAMEO Chemicals program.
- CAMEO News Service: This mailing list provides a way for the CAMEO team (at EPA and NOAA) to communicate important information to the CAMEO community. It is used primarily to send updates when new releases are available for ALOHA, CAMEO Chemicals, CAMEO Data Manager, MARPLOT, and/or Tier2 Submit. The service is hosted by NOAA. Follow this link to subscribe.
- CAMEO Software Suite: Find out more about the four core programs—and several related programs—in the CAMEO software suite, which aids in hazardous material response and planning.
Questions: Contact us with questions, comments, or suggestions about CAMEO Chemicals.