Generating GNOME Files
To use the GNOME ArcView 3.x Extension or ArcMap Trajectory Import Tool, you will need a GNOME output file set. Follow these steps to generate a file set:
- In GNOME, create and run a spill scenario.
Save a set of output files. To do this, from the File menu, choose "Save," then choose either
- "NOAA Standard Splot Files (for GIS)," to save only a single view of the spill at a single time and day.
- "NOAA Standard Splot File Series (for GIS)," to save a series of successive views of the spill, at 1-hour intervals.
- In the Output Header window, you can provide information about your scenario, including the scenario name, the time/date that you prepared the output, and your name and contact phone number. In addition, you can edit the standard caveat text and omit the footer on the output.
- Save your file set in a new folder.
More Information about Generating GNOME Files
Digital Distribution Standard for NOAA Trajectory Analysis Information [PDF, 225.5 KB]: Learn more about the MOSS file format in this NOAA Emergency Response Division (formerly HAZMAT) report.
Questions: Contact us with your comments or questions about GNOME file formats.
Go back to the GNOME Trajectory Import Tool page.